Monday, October 12, 2015

Hello all, and welcome to my blog! My name is Brittany Hull. I am 24 years old, married to a wonderful man of 6 years named Kirk, and we have a beautiful daughter together named Dallison, who just turned 5 in September. I am a full time mommy and a full time student.

Most of my days consist of taking care of my daughter, who was born at 27 weeks gestation, and has Cerebral Palsy. She is in a wheelchair and she has a feeding tube. DON'T let that fool you though. She is a spunky, outgoing, exciting, resilient, never fearing, and an amazing child. She has overcome so much in these past 5 years, and she is definitely my hero.
The picture above is the day she was born.Dallison weighed 1 pound 9 ounces and was 12.5 inches long. She spent 120 days in the NICU.
AND THIS IS DALLISON NOW!!! They grow so fast :)

 Some other things I am interested in, besides this wonderful family of mine, is fundraising and doing walks. There are 4 that we really get involved in..........

  1. The first one is the Butterfly Dreams Pageant. They do pagents for people who are differently-abled. Their site is currently under construction, but you can check out this link if you would like to get more infomration. We have been participating in it for 1 year, and its so much fun! http://dsagsl.org/butterfly-dreams-pageant/
  2. The second one we get involved in, is the CURED foundation. They are a non for profit for kids and adults with a disease called EOSINOPHILIC ESOPHAGITIS. My daughter suffers from this as well as Cerebral Palsy. Its a disease which makes it difficult for your body to break down certain proteins in foods, making you extremely sick, and virtually allergic to a lot of things. My daughter cannot have wheat, egg, or dairy. You can check them out and get involved here! http://curedfoundation.org/
  3. The third one is the March of Dimes. I am sure many of you have heard about this organization before. We have been apart of the March of Dimes for 4 years. We participate in the walks and fundraising efforts. They raise money to help premature birth. http://www.marchofdimes.org/
  4. And the fourth one is feeding tube awareness. Its a great place for education on the topic of feeding tubes! http://www.feedingtubeawareness.com/
 Thank you all for taking the time out to read a little about me and the start of my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment